I like to image this blog as a woodland, where everybody could sometimes stop to refresh soul and ideas, and maybe find some inspiring glimpses of life....
Here you'll find all about beauty and art. Welcome!

Thursday 24 November 2011

Composer of the day

Giovanni Pierluigi Da Palestrina 
He was a composer who lived in Rome in the Sixteenth Century, he worked mostly for the Church and created many pieces for Masses and Choirs (Sacred music) , but wrote also Madrigali and Canzonette (profane music)

Palestrina is the name of the town where he was born ( it was used to add this to the first name, as Leonardo "da Vinci" )

Here I propose you one of my favourite pieces, it's a motet for 4 voices (from Motets Book II for 4 voices) Date: 1584.

I was happy to discover and sing , in a Gregorian Choir i was part of, some years ago. I have to say that i really really enjoyed this activity, because during the sessions, i could feel the armony of voices pervading my body and using it as a proper instrments.
I had to stop just because lack of time  ^_^ but never knows, maybe there will be another time.
Actually, i love singing some Sacred songs i know, that is absolutely a beautiful experience, even if alone and spontaneous.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment